Every quarter, Trusted Law will be supporting a local charity, and we are delighted to announce that our ‘Charity of the Spring’ is ………littlelifts!
Every year at the Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital, approximately 520 women are treated for primary breast cancer with chemotherapy – that’s 43 women a month.
The amazing charity littlelifts are on a mission to support these women by offering a littlelifts Comfort Box at the beginning of their chemotherapy treatment.
What is primary breast cancer?
Primary breast cancer means the cancer has not spread beyond the breast or lymph nodes under the arm. There are many different treatments, depending on the circumstances of the patient and their cancer. Chemotherapy is one of these and it involves using chemical, systemic anti-cancer treatment (or SACT, for short). It is a very different experience for each patient, and the side effects can be very unpleasant.
That’s why littlelifts aims to help alleviate some of the side effects patients may experience through the products in their Comfort Boxes.
What’s in a Comfort Box?
The littlelifts Comfort Boxes have been thoughtfully created with support from women who have undergone chemotherapy treatment. The products aim to provide practical support and improve emotional well-being at an uncertain and difficult time.
Here are a few of the lovely items you can expect to find in the boxes:
- Herbal Tea – herbal teas can aid sleep and help to calm and hydrate.
- Pedometer – keeping on the move during treatment can energise, motivate, ease fatigue, and is good for the mind.
- Face and body lotion – you may experience dry skin – keeping moisturised can really help.
- Eye mask and ear plugs – there may be times during the day when you need to shut out the light and sound and get a little sleep.
- Notebook and pen – for notes, reminders, or to express your thoughts and feelings as you go through treatment.
- Water bottle – your oncology team will recommend that you drink plenty of fluids throughout your treatment.
- Chocolate – for a little moment of luxury, because you deserve it.
- Lip balm – to avoid chapped and dry lips and to keep your pout feeling great.
- Grow your own plant – give it a little TLC and by the time it’s grown your treatment will hopefully be near completion.
- Lolly recipes and lolly moulds – ice-lollies can help to soothe a sore mouth and are a nice treat, even if your taste buds change.
- Hot chocolate – a hug in a mug for warmth and comfort.
- Plastic cutlery – you may find eating with metal cutlery a bit unpleasant – plastic cutlery will help.
- Toothpaste and a soft toothbrush – a soft toothbrush helps to avoid any of the discomfort you may get from harder brushes.
- Crosswords and puzzles – to help pass the time during your chemotherapy sessions.
- A selection of sweets – to provide relief from the metallic taste you may get from the treatment.
- Cordial – adding some to still or sparkling water can help to relieve change in taste and helps to keep your body hydrated.
- Pocket tissues – you may become a bit more prone to a runny nose.
- Chilli flakes and mixed herbs – things can taste a bit different – chilli flakes add a little bit of heat and herbs will add flavour. Please be aware that eating spicy food is not recommended
if you have a very sore mouth.
- Crisps – a nice nibble to go with your cordial, perhaps!
- Tote bag – to easily carry the essentials to your chemotherapy treatment. Plus, always useful for shopping!
So why littlelifts…………
Once again, Trusted Law asked all of its clients and followers to nominate their favourite charity for us to support for our ‘Charity of the Spring’.
Littlelifts was nominated by Richard Tidy, along with some other fantastic charities. After some research and discussions with the charities, we made the decision (such a difficult decision with so many charities!) to choose littlelifts.
I have pledged to littlelifts that for every new appointment made in March, April and May I will donate a minimum of £10 (increased depending on the service) to the them.
This is not restricted to those who know about this offer – this is for every new client Trusted Law gains during this period!
What you can do to help:
If you have ‘make a Will’ on your to do list, why not make an appointment today and help a charity in the process? If you already have your Will and Estate Planning sorted, tell your family and friends who may still need to do theirs……
Get involved with littlelifts – they need financial support through donations and fundraising events. If you are interested, here’s some more details: https://www.littlelifts.org.uk/
We offer appointments in the comfort of your own home and at a time to suit you, including evenings and weekends.
We will work with you to agree what is best for you both and your family. Everything we discuss will always be private and confidential, and you will never feel rushed or pressured.
It is a process that can be dealt with relatively quickly, and it can save you hours of stress trying to figure out what is needed.
Most importantly it will provide you with the peace of mind, knowing that you have a valid Will in place, that won’t fail you or your family during their time of grieving.
To make your appointment, or for an informal chat, please feel free to contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 01953 711 950 / 07972 212 355.
About Trusted Law Ltd
Trusted Law (previously Trusted Wills & Probate Ltd) provides a wide range of services to protect your loved ones and your assets, providing you with much needed peace of mind.
Our team take the time to get to know you, your family and your wishes to ensure that we are providing you with the right service. No matter how complicated your situation may be, we will work with you to find the right solution.
To read ’Our Story’ (explaining how Trusted Law was established) please click here.
If you would like to discover what our clients say about us, please feel free to read our client Testimonials.